Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October 26, 2015 - A Skunk on a Very Crowded Tully

At least the scenery and the weather were nice.



















I slept terribly on Sunday night after a stressful three or more weeks of house guest and funerals and work, so I decided to take a mental health day and hit the Delayed Harvest section of the Tulpehocken Creek near Reading.  I took my time in the morning, having an extra cup of coffee and watching a little Colbert on the DVR.  The ride out was pleasant enough.  The leaves were at their peek out by Morgantown, PA.

I know the Tully is popular, but, man, there were a lot of dudes fishing on a Monday!  There were four or more cars at every lot, so I just found a spot and hoped for the best.  I am sure I fished “used water” all morning, and I came up with a goose egg, the second skunk of the season.  I only saw one fish caught in the 2 or 3 hours I was there, although there were some sporadic hatches and at least one fish rising.

Second skunk of the year...

I got home early and enjoyed the rare treat of a nap.  I am hoping the striped bass season kicks off soon, as I have finally had my fill of trout for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment