Thursday, February 16, 2017

February 15, 2017 – A Stolen Moment to De-stress before an Interview – Pennypack Creek

Who needs yoga and meditation?




















I tagged one nice 14 inch rainbow on the Pennypack today in about 45 minutes of fishing and walking.  The water was cold and a little stained, but it did me good.  I had an interview for a full-time professor gig, which is a rarity in the Humanities (especially for a guy without a terminal degree), so I was excited, confident, but also a bit nervous just sitting around the house until 2 PM.  A visit to Tami’s work to deliver a left behind lunch and bum a good cup of coffee, certainly helped, but I still had a couple hours to kill around the house, so I rigged up in the garage, grabbed the 4 wt and my pack, and spent a minute on the Penny.  Before the weather changed later in the day, when I was walking through Philly in 20 knot winds and drizzle, the day was mild and sunny.  Midges were coming off, but nothing was reacting to them on the surface.  In a small, swift pocket, high-sticking with a lot of weight, I was able to tangle with a beautiful hold-over rainbow that accounted well for himself.  True to form (and Tom can back me up here!) fish at this section of the Penny do not like cameras!  Before I could get a net under him, perched waderless on a jagged, slippery rock, he popped off the barbless zebra midge and was gone.  Mission accomplished, though.  I got a little time out of my head, and I know I did well in the interview (probably had a healthy glow too).  Man, I could be dangerous with that kind of freedom with my work time!  Here’s hoping….

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with your job opportunity!

    RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, bud! You will know if I get it if the number of posts increase this spring...

    ReplyDelete