Tuesday, October 24, 2017

October 24, 2017 – All at Once, the Rains Came – Southern Lehigh County

Helped me avoid the skunk, this guy.
I was so excited to fish the significant rain that blew through that I probably jumped the gun a bit.  In my defense, this storm was not what it was billed to be, and it was pretty hard to predict rising water versus just plain flood conditions.  Instead of showers and thunderstorms, it ended up being fast moving and spotty thunderstorms, so the rain came all at once in unpredictable flashes, flooding the creeks northwest of me with muddy water and debris.  Case in point: while fishing a good hole in bright sun, not a cloud in sight, I began to see the water rise, full of long-dead black leaves and any other human-generated litter that made its way from the roadways and gulches.  My best hit on the streamer was a 14 inch sycamore branch, and I missed a nice 16 ounce Dunkin’ cup, but I didn’t move any big fish in a Lehigh County Trophy Trout stretch, However, it was an adventure that ended with sunny, windy fall conditions.  I avoided the skunk with one little wild brown on a black bugger, just so I could quit and go home to pack for Central PA on Wednesday.

Mmm,,, chocolaty.
























No comments:

Post a Comment