Tuesday, July 17, 2018

July 17, 2018 - Yeah, It's Been Over a Month Now!

Not far from where it all started (notice the knee brace from ACL surgery still in play, but also jetty jumping!)




















My mother in law lost a relatively short in time, but really long in relative time, battle with cancer this month.  She was 76 and still working (and playing) until she had enough.  When they found it, the cancer was already in Stage 4, but we humans always have hope.  I have not been fishing in over a month now, and on the day of my third annual cancelled fluke trip to the Old Grounds with Ward, and on the eve of heading to LBI to chase some fluke with my dad and skee ball with the boy, I figured I would post a short one to let you know I am still here.  Tami went out to Oklahoma to stay with her mom during her last few "good" weeks in late June, and since then we have all been just spending family time together and sitting whatever they call the gentile version of shiva.  The heat in late June did not help the possibility of sneaking out close to home, even if I did find the time and energy to fish, but I am hoping the dispatches from the water start ramping up soon.  I actually stepped foot on LBI and the south jetty in June and never took a cast!  I did capture a lighter moment of my wife playing just feet from where I made her climb Old Blarney for a proposal some 11+ years ago.  Family first right now, but fishing will return when the need for self-care returns!


3 comments:

  1. I had my first heart attack 3 weeks after my Dad's death and my second 5 days after my Mother in law's. No coincidence I was told by my Cardiologist. Chris, take care of yourself and your family now..............the fish will still be there when you are ready.

    RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that, RR! I took a skunk with a smile on Wednesday morning, just happy to walk the sods. Perspective.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking care of me, Chris. xo

    ReplyDelete