Monday, November 27, 2017

November 26, 2017 – I Tell You, He’s Bad Luck (for Me, at Least) - Stony Creek

The mitch is back, and he didn't forget how to cast.




















I had the rare, impromptu treat of fishing with Eric on this chilly, windy Sunday.  We both had a very small window, so I decided to show him around Stony Creek, which normally gets a Black Friday stocking.  We got out way too early for the weather, but it felt nice to have the place to ourselves for a couple hours before it got warmer out. With low water, high sun, and a few other anglers eventually walking around, the fish had lock jaw, but they are in there and should provide a winter diversion close to home.  Until rains spread them out, it’s much like fishing the swimming pool at a sportsmen’s show, but that will improve with time, I hope. I had one pod of mildly interested fish until a bait guy inquiring about how I was doing inadvertently projected his shadow across the hole, which prompted the fish to scatter in all directions.  The fish are bigger than last year, thank goodness.  Last year’s crop were barely 7 inches and fed to the gills to get them to grow, I guess.  Only time can grow length, I gather, because they were all short, mini-footballs, barely big enough for a frying pan.  Though I landed zero, breaking off one on a poorly tied knot, mission accomplished, as the young mitch stuck two fish and was just happy to get out.  


1 comment:

  1. Your articles are very well written and unique.
    el capitanos offshore 7956 2nd Ave S, Saint Petersburg, FL 33707 (941) 468-8692elcapitanos offshore

    ReplyDelete