Saturday, April 6, 2019

April 6, 2019 – Where Eric Puts on Show in the Eleventh Hour – Wissahickon Creek

Eric made stuff happen this morning!


































After making rather impromptu plans last night, Eric and agreed to walk down the street this morning and have a go at the neighborhood stockies.   With young kids, Eric likes to meet early, and sometimes that works out well.  Today, it was just over 40 degrees when we met at my garage, so it did take a while to warm up.  Spoiled by the action I had yesterday, midday of course, I was both lazy and reluctant to change up my plan too quickly, but Eric, far less lazy today and much more observant, took note of the many midges coming off the water during our last hour on the creek.  I saw them too, but was again reluctant (uppity, lazy?) to put on small bugs and an indicator to chase fish barely a week in the water.  That is, until Eric landed his sixth or seventh fish using that very method.  He probably caught 10 fish to my 1, and I only caught one because he let me step into his honey hole after I tied a zebra midge on the dropper of my euro rig.  Just to show off, Eric also caught one on my rod without the indicator.  Mitch!  Seriously, though, it was good to see him have a good day, and I didn’t have the patience to be good today, so I am glad he did.  Remember that when you hear me making fun of Eric (or Kenny or my dad or Ward) on this here blog it is only because they can take it and have a history of beating me at fishing once in a while!   Today was one of those days, and I was happy for a mitch....

He let me get one.  Midges were the ticket with all the live ones coming off this AM.























3 comments:

  1. OMG! So he caught 10 to your 1? Extrapolating, if Eric was there yesterday he would have caught 200! Can you send me the URL to Eric's Blog? :)

    RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He made scrapple on Opening Day, so if that is your thing, his blog would be much more interesting this month!

      Delete