Thursday, September 22, 2022

September 22, 2022 – A Transitional Day on at Least a Couple Fronts – Northampton County

Another whimper of rain.

Once again, the rain had little impact, at least closer to home.  I had the day to fish, however, so I took a relatively short drive and fished a smaller limestoner.  The gage on a nearby creek had come up about 10 CFS for a blip, which confirmed what TV’s Sue Serio was saying about some rain in the Lehigh Valley.  It was still sunny, hot, and humid at home, so I did not even get the urge to leave until about 9 AM, and I decided to wet wade.  Water temps were good when I arrived before 10 AM, and the rain arrived shortly after.  I bet it showered for about two hours, the majority of my time on the creek, but the only stain came from a couple rivulets that must empty the streets.  It was wet wading weather while the front was still hanging around, but I could feel it cool off by noon when I was fixing to quit.  The wind also picked up, which dried out my wet clothes but also made me a little chilly!  Fishing was slow.  Somehow, I found two rainbows in a deep, spring fed hole.  I only catch rainbows here when the browns are being difficult.  I did catch 3 average wild browns too.  The rainbows ate a black micro-bugger during the rain, but I could not even move a brown with one.  They all took a purple hot spot frenchie in pocket water.  Like many of them, the creek was so low!  We need one of those hurricanes—well, the remnants of one with no winds—to sit over us for a couple days even to approach a recovery of flows.  I fished through a cold front on the final day of summer and caught some fish in that pressure and seasonal transition period, but it would be nice to have an easy, silly one in the not-too-distant future…


2 comments:

  1. We had rain at the Dbay yesterday AM that I thought was significant, but when I got home to Delco it looked like it hardly rained at all here. Is it just me or are you getting later starts? My buddy and I have been bassing later last 2 years and our catch rate is down. Or maybe we are getting worse with age! :)

    RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely starting later this month. Fishing has not been great, so lacking motivation for that early shift I had maintain all summer...

      Delete