Thursday, April 7, 2016

April 7, 2016 – An Unproductive Hour on the Wissahickon Creek

Burning someone's spot with the bench in the background?




















Eric and I got out on Sunday night in some cold, windy weather, and we didn’t do well, each only landing one fish before we quit after an hour of fishing.  I thought maybe it was the high pressure, both from people and barometric, but it appears that there are not many fish in the Wissy in Montgomery County.  I took another walk today and managed two sunnies and one bow on a jigged pheasant tail. The weather was unstable again today, but don't think that's the problem. The creek looks like it had a rough winter, with mud and sand piled up everywhere.  I really only saw a couple fish besides the one I caught.   One was a big palamino in a shallow hole, the others darted out from a shallow spot I waded through under a bridge.  Until it rains, I think I will limit my local fishing to the Philly stretch next week.  I am not a fan of the Pennypack, but maybe Stony will fish better too.  I like the convenience of walking down the street and catching a couple before work, but I do not like the looks of my local stretch this year….

I did see a goose fight club, a loud one, and I almost stepped on a big snapping turtle, so there was some adventure close to home.  Maybe this bruiser got a hold of all the trout in the shallow muddy water....

Eating all my fish?

No comments:

Post a Comment