Saturday, April 7, 2018

April 3, 2018 – Under the Weather, a Fool in the Rain – Wissahickon Creek


Browns remain.
Since Opening Day, I have intended to go fishing a few times, but I just never got there.  I guess I just had a rough week with work and life, and I didn’t feel good on top of that.  By most reports from fishing friends, I know I didn’t miss much with all the unsettled weather, though my dad did very well in the milder, cloudy weather on Friday morning.  The only morning I got out was Tuesday, and I just walked down the street, ill-prepared for the rain and sleet that was on the way.  The trip did not last long, although if the fish were in more of biting mood, or willing to chase a streamer, I may have hung in there a while longer than the 30 or 40 minutes that I did.  After hooking a decent brown trout I only got one more hit before a heavy shower sort of ruined my good time.  I stuck it out for a few more minutes, and then I took a break in the showers not to keep fishing but instead to start my walk home.  If I catch up with all my paper-grading this weekend, I predict more fishing time next week, provided we get a break from the rollercoaster weather...

A dreary shot before the rains came.


























3 comments:

  1. At least you avoided da skunk! Get caught up on your paper grading and your spirits will lift, I always figured the weekend before grades were due were not my own.

    RR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SwittersB’s Weblog was started to share my passion for fly fishing and the associated pursuits of fly tying, travel, camping and photography. I love stillwater fly fishing and the magical flow of streams and rivers, as well.

      Delete